Replacing dated siding is the best way to transform the exterior of your home. With the number of siding options out there, it can be a challenge to decide what kind you want. And once you do select a material, you have to then go through the many siding colours, profiles, patterns, etc.
Finding experienced siding contractors who can guide you through the selection process will make the process easier. For your convenience, we’ve included information about the various types of siding on our website.
We can also combine various types of siding for a unique look, which is currently quite popular as people bring their own ideas to create fabulous exteriors.
Types of Siding
There are many choices for siding. The types we install most frequently are:
- Hardie Board: Available in wood grain or a smooth look, this is one of many types of lapped siding. Hardie board gives you a lot of flexibility when it comes to customizing your home.
- Manufactured Wood: Kaycan Eco-Side® recycled siding and LP® CanExel® prefinished siding offer low-maintenance solutions.
- Longboard® Siding and Lux Panel: Thick-gauge aluminum siding with a wood finish that’s very weather-resistant and comes in more than 60 colours.
- Architectural Wall Panels: Aluminum panels for high-end features.
- Vinyl Siding: North America’s number one choice with tons of colour options.
- Cedar Siding: A classic choice for a natural, cozy, high-end appearance.
- Aluminum Siding: A premium, long-lasting alternative to vinyl.
- Board & Batten Siding: Not a type of siding, actually, but a style that can be achieved with many different types of materials.
- Stucco: A timeless option that gives you the choice of a variety of textures, and colours.
- Stone & Brick: This type of siding brings nature into your home’s own exterior and is perfect for special features.
Why Choose Us for Your Siding Installation?
We aren’t just experts in siding; we’re experts in waterproofing to protect your building envelope. Siding keeps 95% of the water out, away from the construction frame. But no siding is perfect. About 5% of water is going to get behind the siding and it will need to either be shed or to evaporate.
Our team will ensure that water has a way to get out when your siding is hit with the sideways rainstorms Calgary is known for.
We are sticklers for quality and take great pride in a job well done. The Exteriors Group will ensure that your siding is installed correctly, clean up after ourselves impeccably, and leave you with a refinished exterior that you’re delighted with. Contact us today!